U.S. Reed Scholarship
Palestine Temple # 18, Prince Hall Affiliation of Shriners, Desert of Alabama, Oasis of Mobile offers scholarships to Alabama students who have been officially accepted at an accredited College or University.
• All applicants must be a graduating senior
• All applicants must be graduating in the 2021 school year
• All applicants must have maintained a C or greater with a GPA of 2.5 or better
• All applicants must complete all parts of the application process
1. Complete (in full) the Application Form attached.
2. Official High School transcript must accompany application.
3. Submit a typewritten essay of 300 words minimum no more than 500. Explain the importance of a college education in today’s society.
4. Include two (2) completed Recommendation Forms (non-relatives):
A. One (1) Professional – Teacher or Guidance Counselor
B. One (1) Community or Religious Leader
5. Official Acceptance Letter from the College or University you plan to attend.
6. Return all requested materials to the Temple Chairperson/Chairpersons named below.
7. CUT OFF DATE: Application must be returned to the Chapter Chairpersons/Representative on or before 5/1/2021.
Temple Chairperson/Representative: Wendell Franklin
Email: email@example.com | Phone number: (251) 422-4404
(Click to download fillable application)